Monday, July 1, 2013

The day I met Ruby!

"Ruby's Tale: A True Rags To Riches Story" by Pat Bettendorf has to be one of my favorite doggie books. It will make you laugh, cry, cheer, and day dream.


Every time I read it I am awe-struck by the amazing Bettendorf family. Their love, determination, and knowledge is inspiring. So when I heard they were writing a new book, not only did I know I had to get a copy, but I also knew I had to meet them. That's the great thing about being flat, you can go anywhere! So off I went and it was even better than I thought. 
Off to Minnesota for a visit with Ruby and "The Tribe." First I went to a park with Ruby and her human sister Sadie (who has to be the luckiest girl ever to snuggle with all those pups).
Then we went to the St. Croix river which divides Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Then it was on to a sail boat! Don't forget your life vests. 

After that it was off to see where Ruby's new book is being printed...Yup, it's being produced right at home. I can't wait to get my copy!!!!!! What are you reading this summer?

The big presses that print the pages!
Meeting Ruby and her pack has been so much fun. I can't wait to share more stories and pictures about all the fun things we have done, and all I have learned about printing a book.
In the meantime follow all of Ruby's adventures on Facebook here and here
You can also see a sneak peak of the cover by Endless Acres Photography here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment